Transfer admission requirements
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA in your college courses and 30 completed credit hours.
- Must be eligible to return to your last college or university.
- Application for admission and official college transcripts or e-transcripts mailed directly from each college or university attended.
If you have fewer than 30 complete college credit hours, you must fulfill the First Time Freshmen admission requirements and have at least a 2.5 overall college GPA.
Transitioning from an NMSU community college
If you are a current student enrolled at one of NMSU’s community college campuses (NMSU-Alamogordo, NMSU-Carlsbad, NMSU – Doña Ana, or NMSU-Grants) and would like to transition to the NMSU-Las Cruces campus, see our NMSU Community College Transition page.
Transfer student scholarships
To learn more about scholarship opportunities for transfer students, see Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
NMSU’s Transfer Center
Admissions advisors in the Transfer Center specialize in assisting transfer students with admissions, financial aid and scholarships, transcript evaluation, degree audits, connecting students to their academic advisors, course registration, housing, and more.
The Transfer Center is located in Suite 101 inside the Educational Services Building on the NMSU-Las Cruces campus.
For more information about the transfer process, or to schedule an appointment with an advisor contact us at 575-646-8011 or email@example.com.
Course equivalency tables* for commonly transferred courses have been developed for many area colleges and universities. These documents shows course equivalencies only, and do not reflect any difference in credit hours between institutions. While these courses transfer to NMSU, specific degree requirements may differ. Please contact the academic department for specific degree requirements.
- Arizona Community College System
- Central New Mexico Community College
- Clovis Community College
- College of Southern Nevada
- Colorado Community College System
- Delaware Tech
- Dine College
- Eastern New Mexico University – Portales
- Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell
- Eastern New Mexico University – Ruidoso
- El Paso Community College
- Luna Community College
- Mesalands Community College
- Navajo Technical College (Crownpoint)
- New Mexico Junior College
- New Mexico Military Institute
- Northern New Mexico Community College
- San Juan College
- Santa Fe Community College
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute
- Texas Common Course Numbering System
- University of New Mexico – Gallup
- University of New Mexico – Los Alamos
- University of New Mexico – Taos
- University of New Mexico – Valencia
*NMSU reserves the right to modify these course equivalencies based on curriculum changes and program requirements.