Skip to main content

NMSU Community College Transition

Current students

If you are a current student enrolled at one of NMSU’s community college campuses and would like to transition to the NMSU-Las Cruces campus, you must submit a Change of Campus Request.

Continuing students

If you are a continuing student and were admitted to one of the community college campuses first, but have not been enrolled there for more than one year, you must apply for readmission to the NMSU-Las Cruces campus.

Every request will be reviewed on an individual basis – change is not automatic. University Admissions will verify if you are eligible for admission to NMSU-Las Cruces campus. After you are admitted, you must meet with an academic advisor for your major before you will be allowed to register for classes.

Before transitioning to NMSU-Las Cruces, you should:

  • Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average, and 30 completed college credit hours
  • Have completed CCDE 110N and/or are eligible to enroll in ENGL 111
  • Have completed CCDM 114N and/or are eligible to enroll in MATH 120/MATH 210G
  • Have taken an ACT/SAT (only if you have completed less than 30 college credits after high school graduation)