NMSU Community College Transition

Current students

If you are a current student enrolled at one of NMSU’s community college campuses and would like to transition to the NMSU-Las Cruces campus or NMSU Online campus, you must submit a Change of Campus Request.

Continuing students

If you are a continuing student and were admitted to one of the community college campuses first, but have not been enrolled there for more than one year, you must apply for readmission to the NMSU-Las Cruces campus.

Every request will be reviewed on an individual basis – change is not automatic. Undergraduate Admissions will verify if you are eligible for admission to NMSU-Las Cruces campus. After you are admitted, you must meet with an academic advisor for your major before you will be allowed to register for classes.

Before transitioning to NMSU-Las Cruces, you should:

  • Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average, and 24 completed college credit hours
  • Have completed CCDE 110N and/or are eligible to enroll in ENGL 1110G
  • Have completed CCDM 114N and/or are eligible to enroll in MATH 1215/MATH 1130G

Other Admissions Processes

Military and Veteran Students applying as undergraduates should start here, but additional assistance is available through NMSU's Military and Veterans Programs.

Graduate Students should start with the Graduate School.

International Students should should start with International Student and Scholar Services.