Welcome to the NMSU Transfer Center!
At NMSU we have dedicated advisors to help you through the transfer process. We provide all the help you need to make NMSU the next place you call home.
We can assist you with:
- Financial aid & scholarships
- Transcript evaluation
- Degree audits
- Connecting with your academic department
- And more!
Below is the information you need to get started. We are here to answer your questions and assist you with a smooth transition to NMSU.
Starting the transfer process…
Ready to be an Aggie? Start your transfer today!
- Your first step is to Apply to NMSU.
- Request official transcripts from each institution you have attended. In order to be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly to NMSU from the institution electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
PO BOX 30001, MSC 3A
Las Cruces, NM 88003
- If eligible, complete your FAFSA.
Transferring from an NMSU Community College?
If you are a current student enrolled at one of NMSU’s community college campuses (NMSU-Alamogordo, NMSU-Carlsbad, NMSU – Doña Ana, or NMSU-Grants) and would like to see the transfer requirements, visit our NMSU Community College Transition page.
- To start the transfer process submit your Change of Campus request.
- Once admitted, make your appointment with the Center for Academic Advising and Student Support (CAASS).
- Make sure to add the NMSU-Las Cruces school code- 002657 to your FAFSA. If you have questions, contact your financial aid advisor.
Helpful information and tools…
Transfer admission requirements
If you have fewer than 24 completed college credit hours, you must fulfill the First Time Freshmen admission requirements.
Request an unofficial evaluation!
Couldn’t find your institution on the course equivalency search? You can request an unofficial evaluation of your credits by submitting an evaluation request and attaching your transcript(s). We can then send you an unofficial evaluation of your credits and a degree plan for your intended major.
Take a look at our scholarship opportunities!
In addition to our competitive tuition rate, scholarships and discounts are available for transfer students to help you attain your degree.
Transfer military credits to NMSU
NMSU is a military and veteran friendly university. Find additional resources available through the NMSU Military and Veterans Program.
Questions? Contact us today!
If you have questions or would like to learn more, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling (575) 646-8011. You can also connect with us by visiting our virtual experience website and scheduling your appointment today!
Check out our articulation agreements…
The NMSU Department of Engineering Technology and Surveying Engineering (ETSE) also has articulation agreements that define which courses a student can take from another institution that will transfer into ETSE programs. See the ETSE Transfer Student Information page for a list of those agreements.